Friday, January 28, 2011

What's next?

Maybe it is because I have a two and a half year old.  Maybe it is because I pushed so hard for so many years.  The last two semesters have been like climbing uphill for a really long time with no end in sight.  I just can't seem to find the energy or excitement to make things happen beyond just getting by.  I know I need to find something to be passionate about again but mostly I want to rest.  Really rest.  Not have to think too much about the complicated issues that are sprinkled through my academic life.  Of course I want to keep students engaged and inspired but at the moment... something primal is lacking.  The question of what's next is looming on the horizon of my psyche.  What's next? What do I have to offer the Blog-sphere?  I live between SO many worlds, I rarely feel truly rooted in one anymore.  Plus I am teaching Organizational Communication, truly I am not so fond of the topic and it is a struggle to find the places that give me pleasure in teaching that particular course.  It really is the only course that I have a hard time finding something inspiring about... I guess I need to work on that.  I miss having a deep connection to earth, I miss gardening and I am definitely not dancing enough... I have been doing some very fancy cooking and baking that is great fun, doing the dishes... not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment